A bridge description can be exported from an AASHTOWare Bridge database into an AASHTOWare Bridge XML Data file. This XML file can then be imported into another user's database. The steps to export a bridge description are as follows:
1. Open the Bridge Workspace for the bridge you wish to export.
2. Select Bridge/Export from the command menu.
3. The Save As dialog will appear. Enter a file name and select the type of file to be created and click the Save button. The available file types are:
· XML - creates an AASHTOWare Bridge XML Data file.
· TXT - creates an ASCII text file that can be viewed with Notepad.
Data exported to an XML file can be imported back into the AASHTOWare Bridge database with the same or newer versions. The export function for XML files is not intended for use as an archiving mechanism.