AASHTOWare Bridge Design (BrD) is the tool for assisting in the design of both superstructures and substructures in accordance with the AASHTO LRFD specification. AASHTOWare Bridge Rating (BrR) is the tool for rating bridge superstructures in accordance with the AASHTO Manual for Condition Evaluation of Bridges, AASHTO Manual for Bridge Evaluation, AASHTO Standard Specification and AASHTO LRFD Specification. In BrD and BrR, the bridge is described generically, independent of the analysis process or specification that will be used for the load rating or design review process. Both systems utilize the same database so that data is entered once and can be preserved over a lifetime of design, load rating, re-analysis, permit analysis and rehabilitation analysis.
BrD Specific Features
- LRFD specification checking with detailed computation reporting
- Design ratio graphs
- Design tools for simplifying the design of steel and prestressed concrete bridges
- AASHTO engine for LRFD design review/specification checking
BrR Specific Features
- Load rate various structure units within a bridge
- Load rate various members within a structural unit
- Rate a user-defined group of bridges
- Input definition and rating of deteriorated sections
- Review rating history for groups of bridges
- AASHTO engine for LRFR/LFD/ASD rating
- Madero engine for ASD Timber rating
- AASHTO engine for WSD rating of non-detailed sections. Non-detailed sections are only available if the girder has been imported from a BARS data file that used the non-detailed section properties.